Because I’m lazy and didn’t want to think of a better name for this dish.
Also because I finished high school + two years of college yesterday. So I’m okay with a cruddy title.
One-Pot Chicken Yum
- Oil to cover the bottom of your pot.
- Two boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 – 1 cup of white wine (I used White Zinfandel because that’s what we had in the cupboard.)
- Two cups of scallions (separate the white + green parts; you will use the green for the garnish)
- One cup of fresh mushrooms (whole or pieces; it doesn’t matter)
- Spices to taste
- garlic powder
- Heat the oil (vegetable, canola, olive – whatever tickles your fancy) in a medium-sized pot.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and add to the pot.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, add the spices and white wine.
- While that’s simmering, go ahead and chop up your scallions, being sure to separate the white and green parts.
- Slice your ‘shrooms.
- Add the scallions to the pot and simmer for a little longer before you add the mushrooms.
- Serve over a bed of rice or pasta.
And that’s it. It’s a very specific recipe, as you can see. Very exact measurements and time intervals.
I’ve spent several minutes now trying to think of a closing statement, but I’m really bad with transitions. So have a great day + let me know if you try this out!
Rana || xoxo