Hello, lovely! Pasta. Alfredo sauce. 15 – 20 minutes max. Everyone in this house loves it + all the friends and family who have tried it. I don’t think anyone has disliked it so far. It’s definitely a favorite around here and I’ve made it so many times — not once has it turned out badly (that I can remember anyway…). The Parmesan cheese can easily be swapped for Colby Jack, Mexican cheese, or whatever other cheeses come shredded. Go ahead and give this recipe a whirl if it tickles your fancy. ^_^
Quick & Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 1 package of spaghetti, fettuccine, or angel hair pasta
- 1 – 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 – 1.5 cups of heavy cream
- 1 5 oz. package of shredded Parmesan cheese (or more)
- 8 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- salt, pepper, parsley, basil, oregano, mint
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop up the garlic and brown it in the butter on medium heat.
- Add the heavy cream (according to your taste — if you like it creamier or just want more sauce, add more cream).
- Add the cream cheese and kind of mix it in with a fork. Add Parmesan cheese and mix it in.
- Add salt, pepper, and whatever spices you like to taste! I enjoy parsley, basil, oregano, and mint.