Hello, everyone! 😀
Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving (and I don’t know if I’ll have a chance to do anything other than set up, eat, pack, and leave), I’m writing up a post today.
Why we celebrate Thanksgiving: Once upon a time, some English people boarded a ship called the “Mayflower.” They did this to escape the tyrannical rule of King George III. They wanted to worship God in their own way. They wanted to escape the ridiculous taxes. They wanted a fresh start.
When they arrived in this new country, the elements wore them out. Some nice people who we call “Indians” were actually “Native Americans.” They taught the newcomers how to survive and shared their food.
We realized how much we had to be thankful for.
The tradition stems from this reaching out of one stranger to another.
See how much impact sharing can make? We should do it more…
28 things I am thankful for:
1) So thankful that I am a Catholic Christian! Thank you, God!
2) That I am a ginger.
3) That I am American.
4) All of those who have served, are serving, and will serve my country.
5) My family.
6) My friends.
7) Sarah (notice how you landed on the perfect number? 😛 )
8) Being able to write, even if it’s not good.
9) My two lovely beta readers. ❤ I don’t know if I’d keep writing Desensitized without you two. 😉
10) Everything that’s happened to me over the summer even though I still don’t understand it. It was one of the most painful experiences in my life and I think I’ve grown up a little because of it…
11) The fruit I’m eating right now (strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries).
12) Tea. (Americans have British roots, ya know. 😉 )
14) Mirriam Neal, her books, and blog. Gawsh, you’re so much fun! ❤
15) Una and her ability to make me laugh. A lot.
16) Lisa and the way she ships Caespen (seriously, your emails back to me make me smile! I love that you love my babies!)! ❤
17) Music. Especially Red, Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, Evanscence, Christina Grimmie, The Afters, and a bunch of other bands. XD
18) Clothes. Thank God for clothes. Like, I’m not a fashionista. I’m just thankful people wear clothes.
19) Pope Francis. This man is so loving! A role model for everyone!
21) My ability to be a freak and not care. Yeah. It means I can be slightly obnoxious.
22) Also for the ability to come off as very mature when I need to.
24) A two-story house on 20 acres of land. Oh, thank you, God, for not putting me in a neighborhood. *cringes* PEOPLE.
25) THE ABILITY TO CROCHET.
26) Internet. Though I’m conflicted on whether it’s a good thing or not… oh well. I don’t care. 😛
27) I feel like this needs to have a huge impact… but I can’t think of anything. Um… oh! My eyeballs! They’re blue! Except for the right one! It has sectoral heterochromia, like I mentioned previously! It’s blue too, but with a brown spot! 😀
EDIT: I FORGOT 28!!!! So here it is: Sherlock. *nodnod* The BBC telly series (with the exception of episode 4. Why they wasted their time on it, I have no clue.). ^_^
What are you thankful for? Let me know in the comments! 🙂