Okay, not really. Or maybe. Depending on what your mom (or your) made for lunch. 😛 I had a weird pizza. Mom put tomato sauce and cheese on flat foccacia bread. -_- But I made a HEALTHY PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE! All right. So, I just made the syrup. BUT WILL BE A LATTE! I’ll give you the recipe in a bit. 😉
Anyway, I was sitting around wondering what to post on next. I feel like I’m not great at writing yet and so I need a few more years before I can actually start to give advice. I don’t pretend that I know everything. I know a little bit and I’ll gladly share information on what I’ve learned throughout the years, what I’ve observed, and what I’ve learned by reading others’ writings. I, by no means, am an expert, nor do I claim to be.
However, I don’t need to be at that level to know that all writers – even expert ones – are also experts on procrastination.
So, I’ve done a little research to help you out a bit! 🙂
1) Get Cold Turkey is a website where you can download something that will block whatever sites are distracting you. For example, it can block Facebook, Pinterest, and that food blog you’ve been frequenting for five minutes.
2) I don’t know about you, but I tend to tire of something quickly if I take too long to do it. So, just sit down, grab your earphones, and play some music while you write up a lousy first draft. It doesn’t matter how horrible it is, just write.
3) Music. Yeah… I love music. But the thing is, it’s distracting. 😛 So, Mirriam Neal kindly gave me a wonderful list of Korean music (the majority of the lyrics are in Korean, so I don’t need to worry about getting distracted by English lyrics)! 😀 Yeah, my new favorite band is Exo. 😛 Check out Black Pearl, Let Out the Beast, Growl, and Howl. 😛 So grab some music with a language you don’t understand and listen to that instead. xD
4) Set goals and set a timer. They will help keep you to it, hopefully. 😛
5) Readers. Oh my word, if it weren’t for my (few) reader(s), I don’t think I’d be writing at all. Una helps me out so much. ❤
6) Write something you really want people to read. When you have a message to spread, you wanna get it out there.
7) I know it’s easier said than done, but seriously. Just sit down and do it. 😛 I find it’s easier to write at night. If that’s something you’re able/allowed to do, go for it! I’m not. But whatevs. 😛
I really hope that helps.
Is there anything I’m missing? What helps you beat procrastination?
And here’s the Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe I promised you. 😉